Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Day

Our Christmas morning was so much fun. Usually we open gifts on Christmas Eve, but since Aaron came along we've switched it to Christmas morning. Aaron woke up to find that Santa had eaten his cookies, drunk his milk, and dropped off an awesome train table for Aaron! I think it took Aaron a minute to process the scene, but once he did he loved it all. He played all day at the table, and any other gift he got ended up on the train table at some point. He made out like a bandit with lincoln logs, car rug, baseball bat t- ball set, doctor kit, puzzles galore, books, music, etc. etc. He loves them all. It was fun to be with family too and see the reaction on their face when they open a gift. I think the best reaction ever was my dad when he opened his GPS from us- a great look of shock! Too good! We stopped midway for our traditional cinnamon rolls, and then right back to opening gifts. Funny I had mentioned the other day that Aaron hated his Santa hat. Well, one day he asked if he could open a gift- and I knew I was going to let him open one from a friend early. So I said sure, but you have to wear the Santa hat to open it. I guess he thought that carried over, because he wore the Santa hat all day on Christmas!




Dinner, music, and fun times were had by all. The day did go by so fast though and I couldn't believe it was over. Here are a few good pictures of the hundreds that we took. I believe we had three dueling cameras- mine, my mom's new one, and Mike's. In many shots you can see someone else pointing at the same subject! Aaron got a CD of Little People singing disco music and loves it. We danced a bit while we listened! He already has learned Celebration, We are Family, Turn the Beat Around, I've Been Working on the Railroad and many others. In fact, we had it going while we were opening the presents (one time through) and later that day he broke out with "Someones in the kitchen with Dinah!" over and over again. Guess he'll be a singer someday...

He was a pro at opening gifts by the end of the day!
My new pajama set with matching slippers!

No comments: