Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carving a Pumpkin

Mike is away all this week for work, so we knew he'd miss Halloween and we actually thought ahead! After the game we carved our family pumpkin. Aaron chose a black cat design and we got to town. Again this year, Aaron wasn't a fan of the squishy insides and refused to reach in after the initial grab of seeds. Yeah! more for me to do...

The initial grab before the disgusted look came over his face- I didn't get a picture of that! :(

The black cat was a success and we lit it as soon as we were done. Aaron LOVED the end product. He was fascinated with the glow and cat and even the shadow it left on the wall. We took it outside on the front porch when it got dark and he hasn't forgotten every night this week to light our kitty cat for everyone to see. I can't wait for him to see all the neighbors' pumpkins on Halloween night!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Now that's an impressive pumpkin!

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

Well...I wouldn't stick my hands into the pumpkin to pull it out either. Adam and I carved one of his baby pumpkins and I used a spoon :-).

I think Andrew might have some of the hate of mess on his hands. He refused to finger paint in school after one swipe of the paint. He had to wash it off his hands :-).

the Lanno family said...

I love that picture of Aaron and the pumkin. What a beautful pic!!
Hope you had a great Halloween.