Wednesday, April 1, 2009

sick update

So I took the little guy to the doc yesterday and we came out with a diagnosis of strep throat. But for some reason I don't really believe it. They were so sure it was strep that they didn't run the culture so we didn't get a positive for a swab or anything. And then Aaron tells me his throat doesn't hurt either, so we'll see. I waited until Mike was home to administer the first round of antibiotics because believe it or not it's his first time ever on meds and since he has so many food allergies I wanted extra eyes and hands around just in case. It went well though and no reaction as of yet. And as people have tried to convince me since then, antibiotics aren't the enemy and it can't really hurt to give them to him just in case.

Anyway, I guess I was convinced that starting the antibiotics would bring upon miracles and today he would be back to his somewhat normal self. And this morning I thought it was all going to happen as the kid actually ate breakfast for the first time since Saturday! But around 10 he started getting warm and by noon he was the couch blob that didn't want to do anything. And I mean anything! So we literally laid on the couch ALL day- I couldn't even bribe him with sorbet!

Guessing this all is normal for recovery- though the high temps have me worried. I'm not used to seeing 104-105 on the thermometer! Keep Aaron in your prayers please- and me too. I'm a little stir crazy having not left the house for 5 days now!!

1 comment:

the Lanno family said...

awww....I am still shocked that this is your first time with antibiotics! We are looking at getting tubes in Jacob's ears for the second time because he gets monthly ear infections; and Aiden has already had his tonsils out. Aiden never said that his throat hurt with the strep either. It can really come out in lots of ways. The only way that I knew he ever had it was when his behavior would get really terrible. He only got a fever once or twice.
I hope that Aaron is feeling better soon. Take care!! Praying for you guys!