Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Charlie Brown Feast

Aaron's school had a Charlie Brown Feast. I'm not too sure what that means, but I'll find out tonight since I am DVRing the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Anyway, every child was supposed to bring in their favorite food no matter what it was. Aaron, with no hesitation, said pumpkin muffins! The plates had the strangest arrangement of foods- mashed potatoes, marshmallows, donuts, brownies, corn, macaroni and cheese, apples, trail mix and of course pumpkin muffins. It was fun to see what the kids actually ate. I don't think one of them touched the corn!! It was so nice to see them in their environment having such a good time.

They all had the cutest turkey hats to wear and Aaron's was a bit big so it kept slipping down over his eyes. He didn't seem to mind a bit!

1 comment:

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

You've never seen the Charlie Brown Thankgiving show before (or just not recently)? Charlie Brown offers his guests toast and popcorn since that's all they know how to make for their guests that invite themselves over.

That's a really cute idea for the preschool class. Adam had a pow wow. they all wore indian headbands, necklaces and had drums and sat in a semi circle around a fire. I have pictures and video. Maybe one day I'll post them on the blog :-).