Thursday, November 13, 2008

I've been book tagged

Okay, I was tagged by my sister a.k.a. the "Cents" able Momma so I have to participate. Here are the rules:
  • Grab the nearest book.
  • Open the book to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post the text of the next two to five sentences.
  • Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one. Pick the closest.
  • Tag five people to do the same.

Officially "Rob's Shiny Dump Truck" was the closest book to me at the time, but since it has about 10 pages I moved to the next closest book which is "Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean" by Linda Cobb. Before you start going into cardiac arrest over the title, it really is innocent. It's a book all about simple housekeeping and cleaning tips for regular moms. Page 56 is in a section titled "Leather Report" and says:

Removing Mildew: to remove mildew from leather, apply a coat of petroleum jelly, allow to sit for 4-5 hours and then rub off.
Making Hide Food: Make your own "hide food" by mixing 1 part vinegar to 2 parts linseed oil in a jar with a lid. Shake well and apply with a soft cloth, changing it frequently as it soils.

I love this book and refer to it often. It was out and handy due to my needing to know how to get those lovely washcloths that wash Aaron's face and hands after meals to get that fresh laundry scent. :) Now if only my office was in my dining room where I have my always large stash of books ready to be read- that would have been a good selection and maybe not so embarrassing. I LOVE reading and can never seem to find enough time to read all the books people recommend to me. Anyway,

I will now officially tag:
Jen
Gina
Meredith
Amy

1 comment: