Friday, October 12, 2007

Aaron's favorite friend

One day a few months ago Aaron and I were playing our little "What do you love?" game. We take turns telling each other things that we love. It inevitably always starts with him answering "Daddy, Momma, Gramma, or Grandpa" and then goes from there. That particular day we were playing and we got through the immediate family and Aaron answered "The beach". Then I said that I loved "warm cookies" and he promptly said "I love Peanuts!" Everyone who knows Aaron knows that answer is an impossible one. So I had to ask what he meant, to which his reply was "He's running and playing." Then it dawned on me, he was talking about a neighbor's dog Peanut!! Of all the things right? He looks for this dog every time we drive out of the neighborhood and often times on an evening walk he'll ask to go see Peanut.




So yesterday Peanut came bounding into our yard and Aaron had such a good time playing. He runs up to him and then giggles as Peanut runs away. It was a real treat when we were tossing the frisbee around and Peanut grabbed it and ran. To this our yell was "Hey Hey" and Aaron repeated that for days. :) Yesterday Aaron was throwing the tennis ball for Peanut to retrieve and throw again. He loved it. Peanut also has a kitty cat that we like named Simba. She's an outdoor cat and she and Peanut play together like two cats!! I've never seen anything like it. I finally got a picture of their shenanigans. It also just solidifies my decision never to get a dog. Why would I when I can borrow the neighbors dog for Aaron to play with and not have to walk it or clean up after it? I like this system much better.



No comments: