Oh my- my baby started preschool today! He looked so grown up walking into the classroom with excitement. I truly was blessed by God today knowing Mike and I made the right decision. Aaron had met his teacher last week at orientation and was so excited to play with Mrs. Martin's toys and go outside with her. So today, he walked right into her classroom enticed by the play dough table. I had to remind him I was even there so he eventually gave me a hug and kiss, said goodbye and went back to ignoring me! I was truly happy that he walked right in with no problem as he can be quite shy in overwhelming situations.
Then after I picked him up he was talking a mile a minute telling me about all the activities they had done. And for a truly heart squeezing story, he grabbed my hand as we walked to the car and said "Momma, I had a really fun day at my big first day of school!" Nothing like the good Lord to solidify you decision to send him to a strange place in hopes of social interaction and good times.
I was nervous for different reasons than the normal sending your kid off to preschool ones- more allergy related but I'll save that for a different post. He will go again on Thursday where he gets to play the instruments in music class- so he's pumped.




No comments:
Post a Comment