Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oddities of my child

Today, while in the midst of a huge dramatic fit, I thought about a few oddities of my little guy. He had fallen down and scraped his knee up pretty bad. Enough to warrant a cleaning and neosporin with a band-aid. Wouldn't you know- Aaron HATES bandaids!! What kid doesn't love and beg for bandaids. Aren't they supposed to be cool to have on? I even bought ones with characters on them, I would think he would be covered in them. Nope, not Aaron. We literally had to have one of hold his arms and legs down while the other cleans it up. I felt like a child abuser :( I have friends whose kids sneak bandaids or make up scrapes just to get band aids! That got me thinking though...

  • He LOVES to be buckled into things. He can't sit at the table without being properly strapped into his booster seat. This includes shopping carts as well. If the cart is missing a part, we have to get a new one. Weird right?

  • He hates movies. I tried a full length film once in the car and he lasted about 30-40 min. and was done with it. He'll even ask now, I want to see a "short" Thomas or what not to imply only a 15-20 min. segment. What?

  • He's not a huge fan of being dirty. He used to not get dirty at all, but as he ages he's gotten better about it. Good ole' Papa taught him to wipe his hands on his shirt if he needs to :)

  • He hates covers. Well, I guess I should say any covers that aren't his little blanket. If you try a sheet- forget it. I've even tried to cover him up when I check on him at night. He'll wake long enough to say "no covers momma" and take them off. I thought kids loved to snuggle under blankets- I guess it's a learned habit then.

Funny how they figure out things they like or don't like to do and roll with it. Love all the habits though- they make him so cute. Well, maybe not the screaming when having to get a band aid one...

No comments: