We had a very low key weekend here since Michael had phase 2 of 4 oral surgeries on Friday. Michael is recovering quite well and I played nurse all weekend. We spent the days doing puzzles and playing games together. Oh yeah, how can I forget the trains? Aaron and I did get out for church on Sunday and I went out with friends on Saturday but other than that we were home bound. Someone has to get a man to take his meds right? ( for a hilarious video of men when they are sick- check out a childhood friends blog at Jennifer's blog)
Anyway, on Sunday we were jamming as a family upstairs. Mike had his guitar out and a rare occurrence of actually plugging it in. Then Aaron arrived with his drum. So I decided to pull out our trumpets from high school! Aaron was quite taken with the trumpet. He actually got sounds out as well. Then he would just giggle like crazy after hearing it. He told my parents today that animal sounds came out of it! I of course got some pictures.
After the novelty wore off, we were the Von Trap family band for a bit. We sounded quite....well....it was fun! Aaron is learning about Rock and Roll in music class at preschool and taken an interest in naming the instrument playing the sounds he hears in songs. So we tried to recreate one of his favorite songs that is mainly guitar and drum. It was tons of fun and a great way to spend a lazy day.



No comments:
Post a Comment