Sunday, January 25, 2009

My new favorite cake

Last Sunday was my dad's birthday and we got to celebrate with him! It gets so rare as I get older to be able to celebrate with my parents on the actual day so it was very nice. My mom volunteered to make the cake and apparently my dad's favorite cake is carrot cake. When my mom told me she was bringing up carrot cake cupcakes to shape into a 62 I can't deny I was a bit disappointed thinking "Why carrot cake?" Well, after we sang Happy Birthday and tasted the treat I totally understand why!!!! This cupcake was one of the best things I have tasted in a long time. I normally don't like chunky things in my cake but I loved the raisins, coconut, carrots and nuts. Of course the best part was the homemade cream cheese frosting on the top- yummy! So now, I think I will request carrot cake whenever the occasion arises! It was even a hit with Aaron (nut less, coconut less, and cream cheese frosting less of course!)

So thanks dad for having a great birthday and letting us celebrate with you and opening my eyes to the awesome tastes of homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!

Oh, and I bought him the best card this year. It said something to the effect of "For your birthday here's a special badge to show everyone your place of authority in the family" and had the button below inside.

I'm the boss!

He opened it up, was laughing and saying something to the effect of "That's right" when he noticed the rest of the card that said "Just remember to give it back to mom tomorrow!" Ha! Isn't that right ladies?

No comments: