One of the highlights of my parents stay was a canoe trip down a local river. We had such a good time, and the weather cooperated so well. It was warm, not too hot though, and overcast so not really sunburn weather. What we thought would be a short trip around an hour turned out to be 3 hours! It was still great fun, though I think we all were pretty happy to see the boat ramp when we did :)
Master boaters!
(It really could be any child in there couldn't it? You can barely see him!)
We floated for awhile, then made a pit stop for some lunch. We did spot some wildlife along the way- water moccasins and turtles, so we chose a place without many trees to eat. I am not a fan of snakes!
After awhile Aaron got tired- there's not much napping going on in a canoe! So he opted to rest on Mike. I'm sure it made paddling really easy...




No comments:
Post a Comment