We did our annual tradition of putting up the Christmas decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving. I love decorating for Christmas, especially the tree. Mike is always astonished at how I remember all the ornaments and who gave them to us or where we bought them. It's like traveling through time thinking of all those years and I love it. Aaron, Gramma, and I decorated while the guys went out flying- lucky guys! Aaron got to put the first ornament on which was his Thomas the train he got last year from us. For the first year he was excited about all the different planes and trains and loved "helping" out. He didn't quite get that they were breakable and not toys. He was trying to manipulate the planes or trains and I feared they would get broken, but none did. He also was hanging the ornaments in one main location so we had a cluster of them at the bottom, but my mom saved the day by kindly suggesting where he should place them from then on out. He learns really quickly though and we haven't had any trouble with him touching them again.
He also got out his snowman, penguin and dog from Gramma and Papa. He remembered exactly how to turn it on and proceeded to jump around the room or "dance" to the music. He would even try to shake like the penguin- it was cute. My mom and Aaron had a great dance session workout that morning as he would continually run back to turn it on again when it turned off. We've gotten a little less interested in it, and by that I mean I only hear it about 20 times a day now instead of 35! Guess I need to invest in batteries!!



2 comments:
He looks really tall in your pictures...think he's taller than Adam yet? :-).
This last picture is PRICELESS! What a joy-filled face!
Post a Comment