Monday, December 22, 2008

He did it!

Aaron did it- he sat on Santa's lap and actually enjoyed it!!!! I am so proud of him!

Aaron is a very social kid when he knows people well or if they are children. But strange adults is another story. He usually avoids eye contact and just doesn't look at them at all- hoping they will disappear or something. Lately he's even resorted to my younger nephew's antics of covering his eyes to avoid their gaze. But this Saturday at the Polar Express Breakfast with Santa at our church he sat on Santa's lap!! Wooo hooo!

Eating breakfast

Our youth minister is awesome and really outdid himself this year. They actually built a dining car from the polar express in our fellowship hall! We all had our golden tickets that the conductor punched as we boarded. We took our seats and they began playing the part from the Polar Express movie where the waiters come in singing and dancing to set the tables and serve the kids. At that same time our waiters entered and began serving us hot chocolate. Aaron was mesmerized and loved it all! While we had breakfast they played part of the movie and the whole experience was just amazing. The conductor finally called our time to meet with Santa and up we went.

Our table- Aaron's friends Mikey and Sammy

Aaron was a bit hesitant, but eventually jumped right up and whispered what he wanted to Santa. And luckily he did, because if you read my earlier post I didn't have any baby dolls handy! Santa even gave Aaron his own bell and a present. What a wonderful morning. I can't thank Joey (our youth minister) enough for such a great surprise. I had told Mike earlier in the month that the one activity I wouldn't miss in all the hustle of the season was Breakfast with Santa at church and I was right- it was spectacular!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yea for Aaron! It sounds like your church did a spectacular job. How cool.